Every Year, We put together an empowerment Conference which kickedoff in 2016. The 2016 Inaugural Conference was organized for the UN women Tagged: Investing in youths & women towards Achieving internal stability & Sustainable Development Goals In Nigeria
We invited Top Nigerian female celebrities, UN women Executives, Top Government Officials, Private companies, High Wealthy Individuals, to stand up for Nigeria and usher our youths and women towards this great event. Female celebrities participation will create more buzz on social media in addition to creating significant public awareness. The conference will be given a wide network coverage as we hope it will go viral to lift Nigerian's spirits for the youth & women empowerment campaign. The inaugural conference was organized in the vision of equality enshrined in the UN Charter to firmly advocate for the Elimination of discrimination against women and girls , Empowerment of youth , Achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action, peace and security.
SPECIAL GUEST PRESENT AT THE HIGH TABLE ..
- Mr Adedeji Adedoyin ( UN Women Youth Advocate )
- Senator Folashade Bent( CON )
Prof Chris Nwaokobia Jnr ( DG – Change Ambassadors of Nigeria )
Mrs Tonia Smart ( Country Director – Investment Union, UK )
Comrade Joseph Opene ( National State Auditor, Nigeria Labour Congress )
- Prince Bamigbade ( DG- The Nigerian Unity Book Of Record )
- Mrs Julietta Ofuyeta ( PMAN Director, Abuja Chapter )
The Conference Started at exactly 10am with the Christian Opening Prayer by Prophet S.A Adebayo, JP ( General Overseer, Covenant of Peace prophetic Int’l Church ) after which the National Anthem was taken and led by Miss Arewa Comfort ( MTN project Fame winner 2015 ). Mr Babatunde Asenuga, Lecturer at the Lagos State University, who is one of the steering committee of the conference commenced to deliver the speech about Arise O Nigeria Empowerment Initiative as a wake up call to the Youths & women.
The UN Women Youth Advocate , Mr Adedeji Adedoyin cheered the audience with his welcome speech on the call to action for Gender Equality & women empowerment in Nigeria. He stressed on coordination of all Nigerian youths & women to participate actively using social media and traditional media in achieving the gender equality and joining forces with the UN in the vision of equality enshrined in the UN Charter to firmly advocate for the Elimination of discrimination against women in our community, Empowerment of women to achieve the equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action, peace and security.
Speech was delivered by the following dignitaries .. Senator Folashade Bent , Prof. Chris Nwaokobia, Ayodele Dada, Mrs Tonia Smart, Mrs Yemisi Isreal, Mrs Funmi , Dr Prince Oniwolu.. 2016 Glits & Glamour Recognition Award was presented to dignitaries for their outstanding performances & contribution towards nation /community development, women advocacy, youth development etc.. Recipients of the awards were
1. Dr Akin Olowookere ( Chairman , Numatville Projects Ltd ) for his Oustanding Contribution towards National Unity & Tourism development in Nigeria
2. Senator Folashade Bent ( CON ) For her Outstanding Performance in Women advocacy & development
3. Her Excellency Yemisi Suswam ( Former First Lady, Benue State ) For her Outstanding Performance in Women advocacy & development
4. Dr. Amb. Olakunle Churchill ( CEO Big Church Group ) as Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy
5. Mr Clement Udeh ( Project Supervisor NDDC ) .. Outstanding Performance in Community development
6. Hon. Prince Godswill Edward ( Special Adviser to the Governor of Calabar on Youth Development ) … Outstanding Contribution in youth development in the society.
7. Mr. Solomon Ehigiator Arase. ( Former Inspector General of Police) . Outstanding Performance in Curbing Gender and Youth
8. Chief Mrs Stella Kosemani Kolawole ( CEO - Stiches & Fittings) , “Outstanding Role Model in Women Empowerment & Community Development”
9. Miss Carmelita Akieh, Miss New Nigeria World 2016 Northern Queen, Inspiring Beauty Queen in Philanthropy & Charity Projects
Arise O Nigeria Empowerment Initiative is a Non-Governmental Organization, committed to empowering youths & women especially unemployed / out-of-school youths and widows through its Agro Allied Industrial Entrepreneurship / Vocational Skills Acquisition training Programme across Nigeria by towards achieving the Sustanable development goals in Nigeria...